Monday 17 October 2011

Excuse me Officer, there's a Buddha and 4 dragons in my parking space!

In this post: mega-cool video of over 500 people dancing! Plus BONDAGE DOG COLLAR! What more could you want?


What would you do if you innocently pulled into a parking lot and found a Buddha and four dragons in your parking space? Well fortunately for you, Buddha only hangs out where there are plenty of other spaces. But just what on earth was the Buddha doing? He's definitely a wannabe Bond villain, stroking his white dragons whilst talking arrogantly in a Russian accent about his plans to destroy ze world.

Actually, Buddha wasn't the first interesting thing I saw yesterday. I opened my door and there was a mini matsuri (festival) bang outside.


Being such a gorgeous day, Calle and I decided to stroll around some of the temples and shrines around Kyoto. We headed over to Heian Jingu Shrine at just the right time. Suddenly, about 500 old people wearing white tops filed in front of the shrine. They were carrying signs with a variety of interesting words, such as friend, one hundred, and white. Then they did some tai chi style dance moves to slow, majestic music.

*Video coming soon if I can get it to work* :-(

We then paid a hefty 600円 to check out the gardens. But wow, they were worth it. The design and painstaking maintenance makes Japanese gardens unlike anything I've ever seen. Have a look yourselves:



We then walked over to Kurodani, a large temple and graveyard complex, which stretched out over an entire hillside. These blob tombstones are my favourite - the look a bit like nail varnish bottles.



To top the whole day off, we found a bondage dog collar in the top of our wardrobe. Now I don't want to say anything about people who go to live in Japan but.....given some of the other inhabitants I've met in this apartment block, and given this new discovery, I'm definitely making some judgements about the majority....

I overcame my fear of germs and where it may have been in order to model it for you. So here I am being a crazy bitch in need of taming:

No comments:

Post a Comment