Sunday 9 August 2009

Couchsurfers united


My day began where yesterday left off. My host and I left the bar pretty late and then giggled our way to her apartment until about 4am by which point, my consciousness gave up on me for good. A very late morning and I got up to meet several Couchsurfers for a walk from Jingu Bridge (full of crazies and costumes and combos of both) to the Meiji Jingu shrine and a picnic in Yoyoge Park. It was a massively international bunch (France, Syria, Italy, US, Japan, Canada, Germany) and I got a couple more interviews, despite the rain that began to chuck down as I enthusiastically asked about culture.

Highlights:

Watching a beatboxer do noises to guys doing stunts on bikes. They can bunny hop and ride their bikes upside down on one leg. Awesome.

A pretty delicious Chinese dinner.

Oddities:

Five guys in black leather with Elvis quiffs, dancing to fifties music in the park. I thought the Japanese were supposed to be self-conscious?

A dog in sunglasses.

Low moment:

Standing up to leave the park and realised that my legs were really brown - not because I was tanned but because of the amount of dirt stuck to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment